A Mother's Day gift could be a great introduction to cannabis for moms who need an extra wellness boost. Here, you'll find mom-approved products fit for new cannabis users.
Cannabis Gift Ideas for MomMay 7, 2020
This Sunday, May 10th, is Mother’s Day and people across the world will be taking a moment to honor the mothers or mother-figures that love and support them. To celebrate mom’s everywhere, we wanted to share some of our cannabis gift recommendations for the moms in your life. Whether your mother is a cannabis enthusiast or a bud beginner, we have the perfect recommendation.
For the New-to-Cannabis Mom
We’re starting off our list of recommendations with products for moms who are new to cannabis. Whether your mom has never used cannabis or at least hasn’t admitted it since the 80s, these products are meant for her. We chose these products because they’re non-psychoactive so she won’t get stoned, but they still highlight the benefits of the cannabis plant. We hope these products will spark her interest in exploring cannabis-related products for herself.
- CBD Balm from One Love. This wonderful balm is great for sore joints and muscles as well as skin inflammation. It’s made with Phytocannabinoid-Rich hemp oil, and it doesn’t contain THC, only CBD. CBD is known to have anti-inflammation properties.
- Bath Soak from Dixie. Pamper your mom with the luxurious fragrances of rosemary, lavender, and cedar wood and the relaxing properties of THC. This bath soak by Dixe is a topical, meaning it will help your mom feel relaxed without the psycho-active effects (or the munchies).
- Huckleberry CBD Gummies from Wyld. Wyld makes some tasty THC-infused gummies made with real fruit flavors and inspired by the Pacific North-West. They also make these hemp-derived CBD gummies for those who are interested in the benefits of CBD without the effects of THC.
For the “I’d like to try it, but where do I start?” Mom
Our next group of recommendations are for the moms who are kind of familiar with cannabis and have heard all of their friends talking about it, but don’t know where to start. These products feature more THC than our previous list, but are balanced with CBD, which has been shown to temper the psycho-active effects of THC. They’re all about making your mom comfortable while giving her the tools to explore cannabis and its effects on her own terms.
- Orange Cream 1:1 tincture from City Trees. These vegetable glycerin-based tinctures are great for moms wading into the cannabis waters. It can be taken by itself or added to her favorite drink for an instant flavor boost with a little plant magic in it. The 1:1 ratio of CBD to THC provides a balanced experience with minimal (but noticeable) psychoactive effects. Tinctures are a type of sublingual and are best absorbed by your body when placed under the tongue for 60 seconds.
- Acai Berry 1:1 fruit chews from Golden. Similar to the tincture listed above, these delicious chews have a 1:1 ratio with 5mg of CBD and 5mg of THC making them a great gift for the cannabis novice.
- Bliss Pen by Dosist. Dosist is an internationally recognized brand who takes the cannabis experience to a new level with their precise-dosing technology and their chic disposable pens. Their formulas feature different combinations of THC and CBD with other terpenes for desired effects like “Bliss”, “Calm”, or “Sleep”. The Bliss pen is a 9:1 THC to CBD formula giving your mom a little more THC than the other recommendations in this group, however with Dosist’s pre-filled 200 dose pen, your mom gets a precise 2.25 mg of the 9:1 formula with each dose. Dosist’s custom technology also vibrates with each dose, which gives your mom the ability to customize her experience as she wants.
For the “Just on Weekends” Mom
The next group of recommendations is for the more experienced cannabis moms. She uses cannabis on the weekends or at least once a month, she’s looking for something that’s fun and will help her unwind but she doesn’t want to get too stoned. These products are a little more potent with higher levels of THC than our last, but still approachable for someone who doesn't consider themselves a cannabis connoisseur.
- Fire Angel Preroll from Fleur. This CBD-dominant preroll offers a tasty smoke with subtle citrus notes. There’s still enough THC to give your mom those stoned sensations, but it is balanced out by almost double the amount of CBD. The result is an all-over sensation of calm with a clear-headed high that is great for relaxing.
- Blue Dream Disposable Vape from Provisions. Experienced cannabis users and beginners alike love Blue Dream for its euphoric high that keeps your head clear, allowing you to focus. This sativa-dominant hybrid is found in many forms, but we’re suggesting a disposable vape to give your mom something new to try! Vapes offer a more discreet experience to smoking flower and it feels modern and chic. Vape cartridges are more concentrated than flower, be sure to tell your mom to start slow & low.
- Espresso Terra Bites from Kiva Confections. Kiva is one of the leading companies in manufacturing cannabis edibles. Their Espresso Terra Bites are lightly roasted tanzanian coffee beans covered in Kiva dark chocolate that provide a perfect 5mg dose in each one. The package is also resealable so you can enjoy a little know, and a little later. A 5mg dose is great for more experienced users who are comfortable with edibles.
For the Experienced Cannamama
Our last collection of recommendations are for experienced cannabis moms. These moms know what they like and they are no strangers to cannabis and all of its effects. The products below can be enjoyed by anyone, but could be overwhelming if someone is not familiar with cannabis or its properties. These products require a little more know-how than our previous recommendations, but they’re perfect for the experienced cannabis mom.
- OG Kush Baking Shake from Silver State Relief. Baking shake is a great gift for cannabis moms who like to bake as it makes it very easy to make your own edibles. If your mom enjoys cannabis already but has never made her own edibles, now is the perfect time -- she can use our handy guide to making her own cannabutter to turn her favorite desserts (or sliced bread, bullet coffee, she’s the expert, we’ll let her decide) into medicated treats.
- Mandarin Zkittles Live Resin Sugar from Binske. Live resin sugar is a type of cannabis concentrate which is extracted from frozen live plants as opposed to cured plants. The plants are freezed upon harvest which preserves a lot of the terpenes and cannabinoids that can be lost in the drying and curing process. The result is often a more flavorful product with a higher terpene content.
- Orangeade Featured Farms Cartridge from Rove. Cannabis vape cartridges are made in a variety of ways with different extraction methods as well as different plants and strains from different farms. Rove’s Featured Farms line is similar to a “single origin” coffee because the terpenes in the cartridge come from high quality cannabis directly sourced from a single farm. It’s farm-to-vape, something any cannabis enthusiast will appreciate.
That concludes our list of cannabis recommendations for the moms in your life. We hope we’ve been able to give you some good gifting ideas or at least made you consider talking to your mom about cannabis. Remember to always consume responsibly. Interested in getting more content like this in your inbox? Join our newsletter by signing up at the bottom of the page here.
Disclaimer: Keep out of reach of children. For use only by adults 21 years of age and older.