Mixed Martial Arts, or MMA, is a brutal sport and fighters suffering head injuries is an unfortunate reality.
How Cannabis Can Help You Meditate: 5 Helpful BenefitsApril 19, 2022
Millions of people are experiencing the benefits of medical cannabis and meditation. People who meditate have a lower stress response, lower blood pressure, reduced anxiety, and increased mental clarity. It's well-documented that people who use cannabis have better moods and experience less pain than those who don't. And now, people are using cannabis to help them meditate more effectively. There are more than 100 cannabinoids in the Cannabis plant. One of these is THC (the most famous). However, there is also CBD (Cannabidiol) which has different properties than THC but without the psychoactive effects. Here are 5 ways that combining meditation with cannabis can improve your life.
Meditation and Cannabis
A lot of people are using cannabis to help them meditate more effectively. Cannabis is a plant that has over 100 different cannabinoids, one of which is THC (the most famous). However, there is also CBD (Cannabidiol), which has different properties than THC but without the psychoactive effects. Meditating and doing mindfulness exercises can improve your life in many ways, but it's hard to stay focused on your breathing or mantra when you're distracted by thoughts. When you combine meditation with cannabis use, you will have a clearer head, which will allow you to focus more on the task at hand. There are many benefits of combining meditation and cannabis.
5 Ways Using Cannabis Can Improve Your Life
There are many ways that combining meditation with cannabis can improve your life. Here are five of the most helpful benefits that people have found from using cannabis and meditation together.
1) Cannabis has calming effects: The use of cannabis can help you relax and feel more at ease. This is especially useful if you find it hard to get into a meditative state or if you need to focus on releasing negative feelings, emotions, and thoughts. If you want to relax in order to focus on your mediation, using cannabis may be helpful.
2) It can help people sleep better: If you struggle with insomnia or trouble falling asleep, using cannabis may be a good option for you. Cannabis contains properties that help people fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. And, when combined with meditation, it promotes deeper sleep as well.
3) It can reduce pain: People who experience chronic pain often turn to medical cannabis because it's been shown to reduce the intensity of pain before bedtime by as much as 25%.
4) Cannabis can offer an improved mood: Studies show that when people with depression use cannabis regularly for six weeks, they experience a dramatic improvement in their moods.
5) It can increase creativity: Creativity is controlled by the frontal lobe of the brain. A study conducted by Daniel O'Leary et al. in the publication Neuropsychopharmacology found that consuming cannabis caused subjects to experience an increased blood flow to the brain's frontal lobe. "The increases in rCBF in anterior brain regions were predominantly in 'paralimbic' regions and may be related to marijuana's mood-related effects." (O'Leary, D. S., Block, R. I., Koeppel, J. A., et al, 2002)
It helps you get into a relaxed state
Meditation is about getting into a relaxed state. And with cannabis, it's often easier to do that. For those who are using meditation for the first time, getting into a meditative state can be difficult. But weed can help you achieve this state more quickly and effortlessly. One of the most common reasons people use cannabis is because they want to relax, get in a peaceful mood, or relieve chronic pain and anxiety. Cannabis provides these benefits which can help people get into a more relaxed state when they meditate.
You will have more vivid and clear thoughts
A study from 2011 showed that people who use cannabis have better moods and experience less pain than those who don't. My personal experience is that I have a more vivid, clear thoughts when I meditate and use cannabis. You will find it easier to release thoughts and focus on the present moment when you combine meditation with cannabis.
It lowers anxiety and depression
One way that cannabis can help meditating is by lowering anxiety and depression. Cannabis lowers the stress response and provides a release from tension. Additionally, CBD can reduce anxiety and depression without any psychoactive effects on the user’s mental state. This is perfect for those who want to use cannabis but still maintain a clear head while meditating.
It increases creativity and restores focus
Cannabis has been proven to increase creativity and restore focus.
People who meditate find it difficult to calm their minds and stay focused in the present moment. Some people will take a walk or drink some water to help them calm down. If you're already using cannabis, you may notice that it's easier for you to stay present in the moment. Cannabis use can also sharpen your senses and make you more aware of your surroundings, working as an excellent compliment to meditation.
Developing a personal ritual with cannabis and mindfulness can benefit your overall wellness. Consumption in moderation is key, and always be aware of your preferences and tolerance levels.
Out of grass? No worries. Visit BlackbirdGo.com to stock up on go-to products or try something new.
O'Leary, D. S., Block, R. I., Koeppel, J. A., Flaum, M., Schultz, S. K., Andreasen, N. C., Ponto, L. B., Watkins, G. L., Hurtig, R. R., & Hichwa, R. D. (2002). Effects of smoking marijuana on brain perfusion and cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology : official publication of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology, 26(6), 802–816. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0893-133X(01)00425-0