To our customers in Nevada
Together, we are navigating an unprecedented situation. Businesses across the country are being forced to close their doors to protect their communities and to mitigate the potential for community spread of the highly contagious COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Many states like California and Nevada are allowing cannabis retail operations to continue, as cannabis provides relief for thousands of people across the United States. These decisions to allow retail operations come with drastic changes to how retailers are able to operate, to support as much social-distancing as possible. In California that includes limiting the amount of people allowed into a retail store at one time, allowing for curbside pick-up, and other shifts in operations. In Nevada, Governor Sisolak is allowing cannabis retailers to continue to operate, but that must be through delivery only. As one of the largest delivery partners in the state, Blackbird is doing everything in our power to scale responsibly in this time to facilitate as many deliveries a day as possible.
At Blackbird, we have always believed that cannabis should be legal and accessible for medical and responsible adult-use . Up until now, Blackbird has built its business expecting to scale and preparing for rapid growth. Today the world looks a lot different than it did just a few weeks ago and so, like many around the world, we are forced to adjust.
Here are the changes we have made in the last week to meet the increased amount of deliveries as efficiently as possible;
- We have moved to next-day delivery for all home deliveries. Due to the increase in the amount of orders we are receiving, we have moved to next-day delivery to be able to process and deliver more orders in a timely manner. This means that your order should be delivered within 36 hours* from the time that you placed it.
*Disclaimer: we cannot guarantee turn-around times at this time.
- We are increasing our delivery capacity incrementally day-by-day. Each day we are taking steps to be able to complete more deliveries than the day before in an effort to service the entire Nevada market as it relates to our retail partners. This process can’t happen overnight and needs to happen gradually and responsibly. We have increased our deliveries exponentially over the last week.
Here are some ways that you can help us out to make things run as smoothly as possible:
- Do not order if you or someone you live with is sick or symptomatic. For the safety of our drivers, their families, and our community at-large, please do not place an order if you are sick or someone in your home is sick. This has the potential to reduce the likelihood of a member of our team getting sick while they are working very hard to continue to bring #CannabisToYou
- When you order, try to order as much as you can to maximize your order. We acknowledge that not everyone can do this, but we highly encourage you to order more than you usually do. This will allow you to go longer without having to reorder which limits the amount of face-to-face interactions for you and our team. The maximum you can order from a dispensary in a day depends on your region, in Nevada it is 1oz of flower and up to an ⅛ oz of concentrates (that’s about 3.5 grams) for non-medical orders.
- Be patient. ;) Our system was not built to operate like this and we are constantly streamlining our new processes. This unprecedented moment will not last forever and we ask that you be patient; not only with us, but with yourself and everyone around you. We will get through this together.
We are doing everything in our power to continue operations in this dramatic shift from our usual business operations. We are shifting our processes and procedures daily, which will inevitably involve working out the kinks as we go. We are so grateful for everyone’s patience and support as we all navigate this unprecedented time together.
-The Blackbird Team🖤