Mixed Martial Arts, or MMA, is a brutal sport and fighters suffering head injuries is an unfortunate reality.
Not Your Mama’s Holiday CookiesDecember 14, 2021
Now that the holiday season is here, the more we’ll see of our favorite delectable treats. Sugar cookies are part of every holiday dinner party spread, so why not add an extra level of fun to the already loved recipe?
Before you start the process of making the cookies you’ll need to learn how to make cannabutter (the fun ingredient) first. Luckily for you, we’ve got a recipe for that, too! It’s a more lengthy process, but it’s good to have on hand if you’re curious to infuse other food and desserts.
You can decorate these cookies anyway you’d like, of course. Our suggestion is to use pot leaf cookie cutouts and pipe designs onto them as if you were decorating a Christmas tree— like pot leaves with ornaments and a garland. Or you can make Frosty the Snowman look like he’s smoking a joint. Either way, you’re bound to get creative.
Baking cookie sheet
Handheld mixer or whisk
Various-sized mixing bowls
Cookie cutters (holiday or cannabis themed)
Piping bag for icing decoration
5 cups flour
2 cups of sugar
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup of cannabutter
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat cannabutter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl on medium speed until the mixture is creamy and thoroughly blended.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients that were set aside, stirring until all ingredients have combined.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for at least an hour
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator, and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Flour a cutting board or a flat, dry surface and roll out the dough to about 1/3-inch thickness.
- Use your favorite holiday or cannabis themed cookie cutters and transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
4 cups of confectioners sugar, sifted
6 tablespoons water
3 teaspoons of meringue powder
- Add all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat mixture on low speed for 7-10 minutes or until the icing can form a peak.
- Separate into smaller mixing bowls if you wish to add food coloring.
- Start with 3 drops of coloring, add more if needed.
- Add icing into piping bag for precise decoration
- Once cookies have been decorated, set them aside on a cooling rack for the icing to settle and harden.
- Enjoy by eating half of the cookie first and waiting for half an hour until you start to feel the effects. (If you’re a novice to edibles, perhaps a quarter of a cookie will do.)
- Be stoned to the bone or eat more if needed.